Sunday, September 18, 2011

Organization

When I first mentioned a few things about myself in the getting to know you first post, I should have mentioned that I adore organization. On the first day of school, the kids have their first "homework" assignment, where they have to reflect about their first day of third grade. One of the questions says, "My classroom is..." and I'm not kidding, almost half of my 21 kids completed the sentence with "organized." (That made me SO happy!!) And, apparently I've been an organizing fiend since I was a baby: my aunt Cheryl loves to tell the story of how, when I was young (like so young I couldn't walk yet), she was reading to me and at some point, my mom called for me. Before I crawled out of my room, Cheryl says I put all the books we had read back on the shelf, and then I went to find my mom. Well done, baby Katie, well done.

This morning, I woke up, and was determined to organize my Pinterest boards. Since I began pinning this summer, I've pinned over 200 things, just in my classroom board alone. Yesterday, as I began pinning things for specific classroom parties, I realized a pin for a valentine's day craft had no business being next to a pin for a math game. So, the organization began: I've now separated my initial classroom board into boards for classroom parties, math, reading/language arts, and science. I still have that original classroom board, and that's going to become the home for things that give me decorating inspiration, games, behavior ideas, and more.

I had a sub on Friday (third grade planning day, yay!), so I'm about to head up to school to get organized for the week ahead, and I'm going to take some pictures of my room while I'm there. In my next post, I'll be show you how I get things (and keep things!) organized in my room. How do you keep things organized in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment